Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Day Six

Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought I would go right into day six! I know, two in one night! But much of Friday was driving, so I think I can wrap it up pretty fast for my loyal readers. So we got up for our last breakfast at the Embassy Suites and we totally got up too late. We got down in time to eat, but there was basically nothing left and about 100 people trying to get the last bagel. I think Mat pushed a girl for a crumb of bacon.


After we checked out, we headed straight to the outlet mall. I know! I have such an awesome husband who will go shopping with me. It was on the way to LA and we just figured we should check it out. We pulled in to the parking lot, but then pulled right back out after Tabitha directed us to a local donut shop. We really didn't get enough breakfast and donuts had been on our agenda all week! So we had some tasty donuts from a donut shop that smelled like poop. Then we headed right back to the outlet mall to begin our shopping adventure. Well, I tried on a lot of things, but didn't find one thing I wanted to buy. Mat, on the other hand, found a few shirts at his favorite - Banana Republic.


It was then time to head to the lovely city of Los Angeles! So we're driving, we're driving and then all of a sudden, Tabitha tells us that there is a delay and should she route us around the delay? Well, the delay was only 2 minutes, so we figured that was silly. Well, it kept going up and up and by then we were in the middle of it. So traffic in LA is awesome. We did get to our hotel eventually and we even saw the Hollywood sign on the way to it! We checked into our hotel (right next to Universal Studios) and then ventured out to Hollywood Boulevard. Here is our only picture of that adventure:

It was crazy and packed with people, but we did see it and now Mat never has to go back! After that we headed right back to our hotel to get ready for dinner. Since we were so close to Citywalk, we decided to eat there so we didn't have to navigate the streets of LA. We just walked right over and went straight to Cafe Tu Tu Tango - a restaurant that I loved from my visit to Hollywood over 8 years ago! It's a fun little place where you get several appetizers instead of one big meal. My favorite!

And that was about it for day six. Crazy, huh? Well, be on the lookout for day seven. It's going to be a real doozy!

1 comment:

Deana said...

You had a pretty incredible honeymoon! LA was pretty insane to me! Definitely one of those places I'm glad I've visited, but glad not to live there!