Tuesday, July 22, 2008

We're Back!

The honeymoon is officially over! We had such a good time and loved every minute of it. I think we were both ready to come home though when it was finally over. Instead of trying to recap everything in one blog, I thought I would just write about one day at a time!

So here goes...Day 1!

Our first day started not too early - we had to be at the airport around 9:30, so we just decided to treat ourselves to some delicious McDonald's while we waited to board our plane:
We got to Los Angeles around 12:30, so we headed straight to pick up our car and then waited in our first of many lines while we were on vacation. We got our car and Tabitha (our personal navigator in the form of a GPS) and had her direct us to the 1. We were heading down to San Diego, so we decided it would be fun to take the coastal route. It was not that much fun. It took us several hours to get to San Diego and most of it was going through tiny towns that had a million stoplights. Not really what we had in mind, but we at least tried to make it fun! We got to our hotel in San Diego - a Holiday Inn right by Sea World. It was nice and clean and they were crazy about me since I was a rewards member. We got two free breakfasts and they "upgraded" our room.
It was time for dinner and we wanted some Mexican! So we asked Tabitha and she gave us a million Mexican restaurants, so we drove by a couple and ended up in Old Town:
What a fun place! There were all kinds of Mexican restaurants so we were in heaven. We walked around some and took some pictures:

It was definitely time to eat! We decided on one of the places to eat and now I can't even remember the name, but it was definitely not the best Mexican I have ever had. I think it was more about the atmosphere really! So we headed back to the hotel and I think we were asleep by 11:00! We had a big day in store for us because we were heading to Sea World on Day 2!

4 comments:

Deana said...

Oh boy...a play by play!

Glad you are back and had a great time!

Looking forward to the rest of the story!

SandGs Mom said...

wow, i'm looking forward to the next play by play. You'd think this was me writing a story with all the detail. :) I love it. Did the place smell like fish while you were eating? We went to a mex place in old town and it smelled like fish and wasn't my fave ever. but it was cool.

Mat and Kristin said...

It didn't smell like fish where we were and I'm happy about that!

Chi said...

I'm so glad you are back! I can't wait to hear all the stories! Sorry to hear about mexican food restaurant. that would be really disappointing!