Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Honeymoon, you are SO close!

Last night Mat and I went through a whole bunch of stuff on the internet about our cruise and we were so excited! I think we were most excited about the food, but that is one of our favorite activities by far so I'm not too surprised. We are so prepared to sail away it isn't even funny. The first half of our trip in San Diego is going to be great fun. I'm really looking forward to the zoo and Sea World and Universal Studios! I think more than anything, I'm looking forward to seeing Mat enjoy these places. We might try to go to a winery or two, but we're just going to play it by ear and see what happens.

Tonight we'll finish up some work in the yard (at least I hope finish!). I should probably start packing now because I know it is going to take me forever to figure out what I'm taking. Mat said he was just going to take all the clothes he owns. Boys have it so easy! I'm for sure going to come up with a checklist for packing. I think I make at least one list everyday. Sometimes it is work stuff, sometimes housework, sometimes a grocery list, but I sure do love them.

Some very exciting news - we got a railing for our front steps! I know, I know, it is almost too much excitement to take. I think it looks pretty good and we had to have it in order to continue our insurance policy. Here's a beautiful picture (though not taken with our new fabulous camera that we'll be taking on our honeymoon and we'll soon have the best pictures ever):

You can see our new roof too! I think I promised to put that picture up and I know you all just couldn't wait for me to post a picture. It was starting to get dark while I took it, but you get the idea.

Mat's getting his hair cut tonight and I got mine cut last night. We are going to be the cutest little honeymooners there ever were!

1 comment:

Chi said...

your house looks so cute! i am totally with you when you saying eating and being excited about food is one of yours and mat's favorite pastimes! i just got this new game called foodie fight, you guys would love it!