Thursday, May 3, 2007

Ole!

It is official! Joy has picked a wedding date - October 5, 2007! Which means that Mat and I are headed to Mexico for the week of October 1-8! We booked our tickets last night to Cancun and then we travel about 45-50 minutes to get to the resort in the Maya Riviera. Or is it Riviera Maya? I think that is the area and the town is actually Playa del Carmen. You can see the resort where she will be getting married and where we'll be staying here: Iberostar Tucan. It looks so wonderful and I know it is going to be such a great week.

Luckily, we got our air tickets all worked out, but I was soooo dumb and booked them under Mat instead of Mathew. I thought they weren't going to let me change it this morning and the girl at Frontier Airlines actually asked me why I would do that. Geez, I made a mistake. But so the next step is to finalize our hotel with the travel agent and get me a passport. Then we should be all set.

Whenever I am really busy at work, I can think of a hundred things to do or that I would rather be doing. But when I have a break during my work day, my mind goes completely blank! I really don't know where to start. Maybe that is my problem. I think there are so many things I want to look at or research (wedding stuff, honeymoon, etc.) and I just don't where to begin!

Tonight Mat and I are going to see one of his favorite bands, Floater, in concert. I went with him last year to see the band and they were pretty good live, but then I tried to listen to the CDs and it just wasn't really the same. So I think it will be a good time and Mat said he thought it was supposed to be an acoustic set, or he thought it might be anyway. I'll give a full review next time I update.

No comments: