Thursday, May 31, 2007

Ah, Skunks

This morning, I woke to the lovely smell of a skunk. Not the most fun smell I have ever smelled. The nice thing about Idaho is you rarely see or smell a skunk. Not like in Oklahoma where they seemed to be everywhere! So then I just sat there and couldn't really get back to sleep. It made me think of a funny story that I have told many times and I still enjoy.

One day I came home from work late and my roomie, Joy, was out of town or something because she wasn't home. So I walked in and our house smelled so bad of skunk that I could barely breathe. Well, the longer I sat there and breathed this smell in, I think it made me crazy or something because I thought for sure that it wasn't actually a skunk anymore, but some sort of chemicals that were slowly poisoning me. We had three cats and four stray cats that lived below us (no we weren't crazy cat ladies) and I was totally worried about all of us breathing in these fumes, which I had convinced myself were dangerous. So at about 1:00 am, I decided to call the fire department and ask them what I should do. So the guy took my phone number and address and said he would call me back. The next thing I knew, there was a fire truck in front of my house! So they got under the crawl space and of course, they smelled skunk and nothing else. A skunk probably got into with one of the stray cats and it just was all under our house. So I felt really silly and I swear my pillow smelled like a skunk for at least 2 months.

In other news, Mat and I went on a fun daytrip this past weekend to see some waterfalls around Idaho. I got this cool book on Northwest waterfalls after Joy and I went to see waterfalls around the Portland area. So we finally put the book to good use. I took some good pictures and I really will put them on here someday. I will also put other pictures up someday, but I don't know when!

Next week I have two big conferences that has been taking up all my work time the last few weeks. Once I get back, I should be a little less crazed and can get some other work related things finished that have been sitting in my "to do" pile for awhile.

Mat is still looking for a new job, but he did get a raise at his current job and was put on salary. This is nice for us to know exactly what his income is coming in every week. So if anyone has any great job ideas in Boise, please let us know!

One of my great, great friends, Sarah, is having her baby on Monday! This is her second child and first little girl! I can't wait to meet her and hopefully I can sometime in July. My little niece is growing and is doing great, I can't wait to meet her either. My sister is due on July 31st, so who knows when she'll decide to show? My mom, my sister's friend Leslie and me have been working on getting everything together for her shower in June. I am really looking forward to being an Aunt!

Hope everyone is having a great week!

No comments: