Monday, August 4, 2008

Day Nine

Yup, back to the honeymoon! Days Nine & Ten of our honeymoon were spent on the cruise ship at sea. We actually sailed all the way down to Puerta Vallarta and then made our way back up to LA. But you'll hear all about that later!

Day Nine (Monday) we decided to sleep in. We do love sleeping in! When we finally got up, it wasn't that late, but we had missed breakfast! So we had an early lunch and wandered around the ship for a lot of the day. We did sit up on the deck in lounge chairs and read our books for a few hours. Eventually, the sun started to set, so we made our way back to our room and got ready for dinner. I didn't necessarily love getting ready for dinner every night because I don't love spending time getting ready, but I would have to say it was a lot of fun to get dressed up every night to go to dinner! I wore a dress every night and this first night was the Captain's Dinner. We went to a reception before dinner in the big lounge where they do the shows. It was kind of a strange reception because everyone just sat down and faced the front of the room as if we were going to watch a show. But there wasn't a show. The servers would walk up and down the aisles and hand you different appetizers or drinks. At least the drinks were free!
So then we headed to dinner and it was nice. One of my favorite parts about the cruise was when we would get back from our dinner and our room would be all nice and turned down and our Carnival Capers was just sitting on our bed, waiting to be read from cover to cover! Carnival Capers is their daily newsletter that gives you an overview on everything that is going to be happening the next day. I would read through it and then just tell Mat what we were going to do the next day! Kidding. I would read through the things I thought we might want to do and then we would decide together. But I did sometimes leave out the things I didn't want to do so he couldn't choose them. Hey, he should have read Carnival Capers if he really cared!
That night we did go and watch the comedian from Sunday night, Lowell Sanders, at midnight. He was funny again and we were glad we stayed up to watch his show! And that just about did it for our first fun day at sea. We didn't end up taking that many pictures while we were on the ship, so I'll post a few here on the blog that were fun.

3 comments:

Deana said...

Those are some great pictures! I loved the last one!

I've never been on a cruise...I feel like I would feel claustrophobic!!

Chi said...

You guys look great in your picture!

east end jenn said...

I love that shot of the moon and the water! That's gorgeous. And you guys look great, too!