Saturday, September 6, 2008

BRMC + STP = FUN

Last night we went to a great concert! It was really a blast from the past for me because I saw these guys before I could even drive a car. I told Mat I wanted to go dig in the garage for my scrapbook to find out when exactly I went to see STP for the first time.

The opening band was Black Rebel Motorcycle Club and they were okay. Definitely not the best performance I have ever seen. I don't know if anyone else does this, but sometimes I might not really love a band or performer until I hear them live and then I adore them. Well, this was not the case. I didn't really like what I had heard before (Mat has several of their CDs) and they definitely didn't wow me. They were a talented group, just not really my style. Mat enjoyed them, but he agreed that they didn't really put on the best show.

The headliner was Stone Temple Pilots. They put on a great show and surprisingly, I remembered many of their songs from when I was in high school, so that was fun. I wish I could have taken some pictures, but they were pretty strict about the no camera policy. We had great seats and really had fun watching all the people in between the bands. I think we waited for over an hour to see STP and that was pretty annoying. Especially because the sun had gone down and it was kind of cold. Not too bad and I brought my jacket, but it warmed right up when they started playing and everyone filled in every gap.

Mat has now decided that he is going to be Scott Weiland for Halloween. He just has to wear some of my jeans, a button up shirt that he'll wear open with a tie and then just talk nonsense. I'm going to be Carl. A guy at the concert that we named and had a great time watching his antics while he was waiting for STP to come on. Talk about awesome. I think he tried to whistle 14 times by blowing his fingers - you know how people make that loud whistle that way? Well, he tried to do that so many times and then he would look down at his fingers like, I just don't get why this is working. Come on fingers! Work with me here. And then he tried to lead the crowd in chanting STP. Then he got mad and flipped off the empty stage. It was fun. By the way, I'm not really going to be Carl for Halloween. Mostly because the only person who would think it was funny would be Mat.

Look! It's a pumpkin.

1 comment:

Chi said...

Sounds like you and Mat had a fun time!!! Is that baby pumpkin from your garden?

I looked at your wedding pics today and I loved them. You looked radiantly beautiful. Mat is so handsome! You guys are a perfect match.