Wednesday, August 1, 2007

New House and Wedding Plans

We love our new house! We got the keys at 7:00 pm last night and I was so, so happy! Mat and I were jumping around and we just absolutely love it. It is going to be so perfect for us. We had our families come over and meet us there so they could go on the first official tour. They loved it, of course! After they left we walked around again and then decided that we had to go to Home Depot and walk around. We finally left there at 9:30 and we hadn't even had dinner! So we ended up eating about 10 and we were both ready to fall asleep. We have all kinds of ideas of things we want to do while we live in our house, but we know we can't do it all at once. I did tell Mat that I felt like when you buy a house you should get a big chunk of money to buy new furniture or to work on the yard or whatever you want! I don't know who would do this, but maybe the banks?? Hee hee. Well, I like the idea anyway!

AND we got a wedding photographer! We went to see her last week and I loved her. Mat really liked her, but he hadn't looked through as many local websites as I had. So he wanted to look and maybe talk with a couple other photographers. Well, he spent his whole day off on Monday looking at websites and only came up with one that he wanted to talk with. But they already were booked on our date, so Cristi it is! Here is her blog that has a lot of her work from this summer: http://photosbycristidame.blogspot.com/ and her website is: http://www.cristidamephotography.com/cdpMain.html. We are really happy! She is fun and young and exactly what we were hoping for. Hooray!

So tonight we are going to do a little cleaning (although it is pretty clean already) and maybe bring a couple boxes over. We know for sure we need to get a couple things - like a shower curtain! So we'll probably try to run a couple errands too. We are having sandwiches every night this week so we can do this kind of thing. I can't wait to get some pictures on our blog, but we'll be tearing down our computer soon so it might be a few weeks.

I wish I didn't have to work for a living! I could be moving and decorating right now. :)

No comments: