Thursday, June 26, 2008

Where to Begin?

I've been putting off a recap of the wedding all week because I don't know if I can even put into words how amazing it was! I don't think I could have imagined how wonderful everything would be and how perfect it turned out.

It all started on Wednesday night around 11:45 pm when one of my bridesmaids and oldest friends, Joy, arrived in Boise! We whisked her home and Joy and stayed up talking for too long before we both decided it was time for bed!

Thursday morning Joy and I got up and got ready and headed out to lunch right downtown. We both had tasty sandwiches! We went to a couple jewelry stores looking for a necklace before we decided to hit the bead shop and I just made a necklace and earrings to wear on the big day. They turned out super cute and all for $10! It was then time for us to head out to Eagle for our manicures and pedicures with my mom and sister. Now this is the kind of pampering I could go for every day! We all went with a french manicure and I chose a french pedicure, my mom went pink on her toes and my sister and Joy went red on their toes. We really had the cutest hands and feet in the whole state.

Joy and I headed home and on the way stopped to pick up 5 large pizzas from the tastiest pizza place in Boise, Casanova. I'm hungry just thinking about it! We got home and waited for our guests to arrive. Mat and I decided that we wanted to have our friends over for a bachelor/bachelorette party and just to hang out. It was so much fun! We had pizza, lots of people came over, there was karaoke and picture taking and little ones. It was a great night and got even better when we picked up Joy's husband at the airport later that night. Everyone else had headed home, so the four of us were forced, I mean, GOT to play Loaded Questions. We also played some Scene It Squabble, but stopped on account of us all being old.

Friday was my bridal shower! My sister and mom threw me a shower and it was so much fun! They seriously thought of every single thing and everyone said it was the best shower they had ever been in. It had a kitchen them, so the centerpieces on the tables were fresh herbs (that Mat and I got to take home and plant later) and they were sitting in our new French Onion Soup Bowls! How cute is that? So cute. Then, all the guests had wine (4 kinds to taste) along with cheese, some delicious sandwich loaf things, and some crackers and bread. The cheese was so much fun to taste all the different kinds and they were so delicious. We played a couple different games - one was bingo, where most of the slots were filled in, but the guests had to fill in what they thought I might be getting as gifts at the shower. Paige (my second cousin?) won that one and was so excited to win a prize. The other game was way harder than I thought. It was called "Something Spicy" and everyone had to correctly identify spices by just smelling them! I thought it would be so easy and I missed quite a few. I loved it and everyone else did too! Sarah won that one - she is the spice queen. Then I opened my gifts and I got so many great things! One of the best gifts was a recipe book with recipes from friends and family that had all contributed their favorite recipes. I love it so much and so does Mat! We were looking through it together and was so excited to have some of his family's favorite recipes. The dessert was Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory - my favorite! I could eat a whole cheesecake. Not all at once. It is so hard to say how much the shower meant to me and how I noticed every single detail. I just hope my sister and my mom could see from how happy I was how much I loved every minute.

After the shower, we headed to the barn for a very quick rehearsal. It was hot! So we did a run through and then all headed to the rehearsal dinner, which was at the cutest park in Boise. The rehearsal dinner was thrown by Mat's mom and Nick, along with the help of her friends. They thought of everything! Not only was the food awesome, they had bought little toys and waterguns for the kids to play with. Those were a huge hit! I think we were all about ready to fall asleep by the end of the evening though, that was a long day!

I went home to get all my things and then Mat drove me out to my parents where I stayed the night before the wedding. We all talked for a few minutes at my parents house and then Mat left to head home. I did a little reading and then went to sleep. Now for the wedding day, you'll have to tune in when I have time to recap the whole day!

3 comments:

Deana said...

Way to leave us hanging!!

I think it's sweet you spent the night at your parent's house the night before the wedding!

Chi said...

I agree with Deana...we need more details:)

It sounds like everything went perfect and was super fun...I wouldn't expect anything else from you! The only thing you didn't do is get stuck on a fence...that is a little disappointing:)

Chi said...

I saw the pic your sister posted on her blog and it was so sweet. I love the background! I can't wait to see more.