Thursday, July 19, 2007

Mat's first entry

Well here goes nothing. Kristin and I have had this blog for months, well I should say Kristin has had this blog for the two of us for months and this is my first entry. Those of you that are dedicated readers probably thought I wasn't a real person and Kristin made me. Well I'm glad to say that I am a real person and I am the luckiest man in the worlds to be able to spend the rest of my life with Kristin.
I don't know when I will make another entry so I will talk about a lot of things in this one. So here we go. Tomorrow Kristin and I are going to go to dinner and a movie with the Zubizareta's. We don't hang out with them very often so when get together it is a nice treat. For those of you who don't know the Zubizareta's here is a brief introduction. The Zubizareta's consist of my best friend Cory and his wife and a good friend Christina. I'm sure you have heard mention of them by Kristin at some point or another. Cory and I have known each other since we were both like three years old. We have been friends ever since except for a brief stint in junior high when Cory decides he didn't like me any more. I don't blame him though I could get pretty obnoxious when I was young teenager.
We were supposed to meet with a photographer tonight but that fell through. Apparently the photographer was to busy to meet with us. She rescheduled with Kristin for next Thursday. We will be barbequing tonight. I'm cooking some steaks. We are going to make steak tacos. the meat is marinating as we speak. I am really into barbecuing and I like trying to make my own recipes. I have developed a pretty good spice rub. It is very good if you like your meat spicy. For tonight however, I wanted to try my hands at a marinade. For the liquid part of the marinade I used lime juice and Worcestershire sauce. I also through in some ground red pepper, ground cumin, fresh ground black pepper, fresh minced garlic, minced cilantro, and chopped onion. We'll see how it turns out. For the meat I chose petite sirloin. I don't know if that is a good meat to use for what I want to do but I will find out in a couple of hours I guess.
I'm sure you have already heard that this past May I graduated from Boise State University. Since that time I have been still trucking along at Hayden Beverage delivering beer. I want to find a new job for multiple reasons including the fact that I think I hate my job, I would like to use my degree, and I would like to be on the same schedule that Kristin is on. There are many other reasons but I think you get the hint. I try to look in the internet after work but I find it hard to stay awake when I get home. I have to get up at four in the morning to get to work by five. I don't actually get out of bed usually until around 4:30 though. Kristin hates my snooze button. Anyway it is hard for me to stay awake when I'm in front of the computer. When I have managed to stay awake I have found very few jobs that I am qualified for. I have applied to a few but all have been fruitless. I know I just need to keep looking and yes I also know that I will never find a job if I'm always asleep. I just need to figure out how to stay awake.
Kristin and I are going to Joy and Chad's wedding this October. I can't wait. I think about it everyday. I think just getting away from everything will help me not feel so burnt out about everything. Kristin and I are going to bring Kristin's drink book. Its a book with a million different types of mixed drinks in it. It is my goal to try as many of the drinks during our trip as I can. This trip will also be good in helping Kristin and I in determining if we want to have our honeymoon at an all inclusive resort or somewhere a little lower key.
Wee have a little more than 11 months until our wedding day. Kristin and I made a lot of decisions about our wedding in the first couple of months after I purposed. Then we went on a couple of month hiatus and now we are back to it. Part of the reason for the hiatus is because of the Zubizareta’s wedding. We wanted to wait to make some of our decisions until after their wedding so that we could see how they did things. The last couple of weeks Kristin and I have gotten back to it and it is kind of nice. We have so many things to do and think about so it will be nice if we can get as much as possible done now so that we don't have to worry about it in the months leading up to the wedding.
With that I will say goodbye. I think this was a pretty good effort for my first entry even if it is a few months late.

1 comment:

Mat and Kristin said...

You are the best! You wrote an entire novel and I loved it.
Love, Kristin