Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Who Knew?

Mat and I found a house!! We already put in an offer and they accepted! So now all we have left to do is the inspection tonight and hopefully all will go well with it. We really can't believe that it has happened this fast. We are so excited and totally fell in love with our little house the minute we walked up the sidewalk. This is so exciting for us to be buying our first house together! We will probably close at the beginning of August. We have our work cut out for us for sure this month.

I'll try to get some pictures up as soon as I can. Maybe tomorrow since we have the day off for the 4th of July.

It was pretty surprising that we found something we both loved so soon! We went on Sunday with our realtor to look at houses. We had given her a list of 15 houses we wanted to see, thinking that was way too many, but she had called them all and we actually went to see all of them! The 6th house we pulled up to was our house! The street is lined with all sorts of great trees and all of the houses are in great condition. We walk up the sidewalk and I already love it! Mat was holding my hand and looked at me and squeezed it, which I think meant he loved it too! We walked in and kind of wandered around and just loved everything! It's a cute little two bedroom, one bathroom house with a great backyard! We are planning on lots of barbeques out there! So we ended up leaving and then looked at the rest of the houses, which of course were nothing compared to our little house. So we went back to look at it again and decided that we just had to have it!

We got the call yesterday that we did get the house and all they wanted to change on our offer was the closing date! Hurrah for us! So now that's where we are. Mat and I are already starting to make floorplans in our heads and decide what will look best in what place. This is just so fun and I can't believe it still!

Besides that, I did go trying on wedding dresses with my mom. It was a lot of fun, but I didn't find anything this time around. I think I have it narrowed down a lot more to what I want, so we'll hopefully have better luck next time around! No other wedding plans made yet. It's now less than a year away! ARGH! I can't wait though. It's going to be so wonderful.

Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe 4th of July!

No comments: