Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Help!

I need opinions please! Travelocity and Snapfish are doing a "Where would you rather be?" photo contest and you are supposed to submit your favorite winter getaway. The official rules state: JUDGING: Qualified Entries will be judged, in the judges’ sole discretion, on the quality, creativity and how well the Entry fits with the theme of the Contest. At the end of the Contest Entry Period, judges will review all eligible Entries to determine the Grand, First and Runner-Up Prize entries (“Finalist Entries”). Selection of the winning Entries will be based on the following judging criteria (“Judging Criteria”): (a) 40% Creativity, (b) 30% Photo and (c) 30% Composition. In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken based on the highest score in the “Creativity” Judging Criteria, continuing thereafter to Quality of Photo Judging Criteria, as needed to break the tie.

So I was thinking about entering a photo, but I can't decide which one I like. So I want to know what everyone thinks. It did say submit your favorite winter getaway, but it didn't specify anything else except that you can't include any identifiable people. Which is pretty funny because I looked at some of the entries already and there are a ton with people as the subject. Another mention - 80% are beach photos. So I only included one and it was a sunrise and not just a beach. So what does everyone think??


Mexico #1

Mexico #2

Mexico #3


San Diego Zoo

Waterfalls Outside of Portland





7 comments:

east end jenn said...

I am totally torn between the sunrise and the last one of the waterfall. Both are stunning scenes. If I have to choose, I think I'd go with the sunrise just because it feels warmer, which seems to fit the theme better. But you can't go wrong either way!

SandGs Mom said...

i say bag all the destination pictuers and get one of violet in bed, mostly under the covers...oh, or of their big dog.--Atticus? That would be great.

Deana said...

I like the waterfalls best! I would go there right away!!

Mat and Kristin said...

I'm totally confused Sarah - you know these are my pictures, right? Why would I post a picture of my sister's dog?!? HA!

Cheryl said...

Oh great. I was thinking the waterfall and the sunrise and the flower (Mexico#3) but then I read Jenn's comment about the sunrise being warmer and that makes sense. But I still think I want to vote on the waterfall. And I still like the flower and the giraffe. It's really hard to choose. How about one of me?

Pete said...

I'm with Jenn. I don't think you can go wrong with the beach picture or the waterfalls. Both are great pictures.

There may be a lot of beach entries, so maybe the waterfall is the best choice. Who knows?

Good luck.

Dad

Chi said...

Those are beautiful pictures!!!!