Thursday, March 12, 2009

I Need Spring!!

This morning it is 22 degrees outside.  I think when March hits, I start to get really impatient for warm weather to kick in.  I want 60s and 70s every day for a few months and then I will gladly welcome the 90 degree weather for a couple months.  I'm just tired of being cold all the time.  I think it is supposed to be 50 tomorrow, but then cold again this weekend.  Which is just another weekend that we probably won't be working in the garden because it is cold.  We'll see though - maybe it will turn out to be nicer than we expected!

I haven't decided on a photo yet for the contest.  I think I might go with the waterfall picture because it might be different from other people.  I really like the beach one, but feel like so many people have shots of the beach.  I need to pick though, I think I have to enter this weekend.

I had to go to our kickboxing class last night by myself.  :(  Mat's back is hurting and his work sent him to the chiropractor yesterday and he has to go back again this afternoon.  I guess he thought that it wouldn't be a great idea to jump and twist and turn?  It is interesting wearing my heart rate monitor.  Our class ended up being about 48 minutes long and my average heart rate was 142 and my peak was 168.  So my monitor says I burned 673 calories.  I don't know how accurate that is.  They always say the machines aren't accurate at the gym, so who knows if I actually burned that many calories.  But at least I know I am getting a darn good workout.  I'm trying to remember now what my monitor said after our walk on Tuesday night.  I think it said I burned 275 calories on our hour long walk.  It was interesting on our walk because Mat's heart rate going up this hill was 108 and my was like 130.  He said that my heart rate is higher because I'm a girl and smaller than him.  I think maybe I'm just not in as good shape as him!  And I am older.  :)

I think it will be interesting to see if my heart rate changes as I improve in the class.  I already can tell I'm getting better because I don't have to stop as many times as I used to.  So I know my fitness level is improving.  I wish I would have had my heart rate monitor when we started.  

Guess that's enough of that.  It's Thursday!  Almost time for the weekend...

1 comment:

Deana said...

Here's something to do this weekend!

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/the-amazing-race-sea-4237/