Sunday, March 15, 2009

HTML and Waterfalls

So I picked a different waterfall picture to enter in the contest! HA! I tricked you all. It was a last minute decision and I just thought, "what the heck?" So I ended up with this one:

So who knows? I probably should have gone with another one, but that's okay. It was really just for fun!

So I've decided that I am going to teach myself HTML. Or at least try. I'd like to at least somewhat understand it and it would be really cool if I could actually make my own website someday. I would imagine that it won't be that easy, but it is something I'm going to attempt. I found a free 10 week class on about.com to learn it. You really can't beat free! They suggest using geocities' free websites for your practice for your homework. So here was my first assignment: www.geocities.com/gbldp/firstweb.html. Pretty darn impressive!! The one thing I don't like about the lessons is all of the advertisements. But I get that is the reason the lessons are free, so I'll just have to deal with them.

In other news around our house, I'm getting that Spring Cleaning Bug. I want to go through all of our rooms and get rid of things and organize and tidy things up. It doesn't mean that I am actually going to do all that! It was just a thought. One thing I've been looking into is doing something with our closet. UGH. I can't stand our closets and I want to rip all the clothes into shreds every time I have to go get something to wear. So we've been discussing options to see if there is anything we can do to improve the efficiency of our closet.

Now I'm off to create a grocery list for tomorrow and maybe talk closets with Mat. Sounds like a crazy afternoon!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow - your web page is impressive! LOL I think learning HTML is a great idea and I only know a tiny, tiny bit, but I think it won't be that hard for you to learn. And, you can find out if you like it by doing the lessons - you never know...

Cheryl said...

I tried to leave one comment and don't know if it worked. I like this waterfall too. Good luck!
Have fun learning HTML. I don't think it will be too hard and you can see if you like it by taking the lessons.

Deana said...

I love that picture too! I hope you win!!!

Have a good week!