Monday, April 2, 2007

What a great weekend! I do love every weekend, but this one was really nice. It started off when I got off work early on Friday. I headed home and Mat and I took a nice little walk around our neighborhood. Then we decided to pick up a pizza for dinner and stopped for some movies, that we didn't even watch! We caught up on our favorite tv shows for the week and then ended with a couple episodes of Friends.

Saturday morning Mat's boss called and said he didn't have to work! So we went back to sleep, but did wake up pretty early to get our day started. We went to get a paper and looked up some different open houses that we wanted to go to that afternoon and that is just what we did! It was pretty fun, but we didn't find any keepers. It is just fun to get out there and look. Then we went to my parents house for dinner. Hamburgers, oven fried potatoes and asian coleslaw! We also had some leftover dip that Mat's mom made and was delicious, as well as some dessert that I made. We played my new board game I got for my birthday and it was a lot of fun! It took us awhile to get through all the directions, but it was fun once we got the hang of it. Then we played Taboo for a few rounds before Mat and I headed home. I love board games. :)

Mat had homework on Sunday, so I went to the grocery store and did some cooking. I made some breakfast burritos for us to eat for breakfast all week long. We had some today and they were pretty darn good. Tonight I am trying a new recipe - I can't remember the name, but it is chicken. I'll include the recipe if it is any good. We watched Man of the Year last night. It was okay, but not what we had expected. We kept thinking it was a comedy and it was really more of a drama. Not too bad, but not exactly what we had been hoping for.

I think we'll go on a walk tonight and that is all we have planned for now. Mat has some kind of homework that is due tonight, so he might have to work on that all night. Yuck for him.

1 comment:

Deana said...

You, my friend, are a domestic goddess!