Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Hangin' at the Mall

Mat and I headed to the mall today after work to do some shopping for wedding supplies. We looked for ties for the gents and didn't find "the one". We did find some cute vases to put flowers in that will go on either side of the arch we're using for our ceremony. I'm excited about those! Oh, Pottery Barn, I heart you.

We also went to Zurcher's, the party store. It isn't as much fun as it sounds. BUT we did find some blue napkins people will use while they are eating cake. They were quite the bargain. We were trying to find some little tea lights that are blue, but they didn't have any. We might have to look online for those.

Our big mission this week is to find someone to marry us! I know, I know, we have waited a long time to do this. I could on for hours about all the things we need to check off the list!

I never gave an update on our game night last Saturday! It was so much fun (as expected). We showed up around 8:00 pm and Mat and I headed straight for the food. The shish kabobs weren't ready yet, so we snacked on cheetos and chips and salsa until they were. We had some great shish kabobs right off the grill, yummy salad and more chips and cheetos! And then of course, my delicious dessert and some chocolate chip cookies that were scrumptious also.

We started out with Scene It, Battle of the Sexes. The girls started out very slowly, but steadily we did take over the boys and won! Next up was Taboo. We pulled names out of a hat for this one and unfortunately, I was not on the girl's team who had been training for this moment her whole life. Every single turn she went it was like magic or maybe she created the game and they scored like 8 points. Then there was Mat (on my team) who said, "This measures outsideness." (crickets chirping) or the other girl on our team who just would read the word at the top of the card and get buzzed 5 times on every turn. So then we started Cranium, but never got to finish this one since I got a beer spilled on my jeans and disrupted the whole game. And no, it wasn't me that spilled the beer! Overall, it was a great time and I would like to thank Alana again for a wonderful game night! Her friends were lots of fun and we hope there is another one sometime soon.

No comments: