Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Dandelions, I Curse YOU

While I was at the baby shower on Sunday, Mat decided to start pulling up dandelions out of our yard because the weather was so nice and he is convinced that we need to pull them all before they turn into the big ball of fluffy seeds. When I got home, I volunteered to help because I am just that nice.

What did I get myself into? Looking at the yard, it doesn't look like there are that many dandelions. When you get down on the ground next to a yellow bloom. there are also a hundred about ready to bloom surrounding the original one you spotted. It's like our entire yard is made of dandelions. Mat had already pulled a million, so I decided to start pulling. After two dandelions, I wanted to burn the entire yard.

So I ask Mat, "Do you know if this is the best way to do this? I mean, what if our neighbors don't pull their dandelions and two weeks from now all their seeds blow into our yard and we have triple the amount of dandelions?"

His response: "But at least we'll have a head start since we already pulled the original dandelions in our yard."

No comments: