Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Where in the World is Bob Saget?

For those of you who don't know about Mat and I's love for TV, well, it runs deep. We try to limit our TV watching somewhat, but sometimes I just want to keep adding new shows. He's a little more of a channel surfer than me. I simply can't live without my TiVos. And yes, I said TiVos.

TiVo came into my life so many years ago, I simply can't remember. I believe it might have been when Joy and I lived together in Stillwater. That must have been 7 or 8 years ago. I fell in love and can't imagine watching TV without being able to pause or fast forward. My first TiVo (who was never named) died in 2003. It was a slow process and luckily, I had enough brains to order another one before it kicked the bucket. That's when I bought Bob Saget. The TiVo, not the person. Mat and I met shortly after Bob Saget came to live with me. He had trouble adapting to the new technology, but I helped him cope.

When we decided to move in together, I told myself that I was not going to give up precious hard drive space to record NFL Live, Denver Broncos games, Myth Busters and Guiding Light. That's when we purchased Beerwagon. It was officially Mat's TiVo, so he got to pick out the name. (When I say name, I really mean name them. It's on your bills and the actual TiVo. They suggest to name them things like 'Living Room 1' or 'Smith Family TiVo'.) Then we decided to get crazy and we got a wireless internet and made our two TiVos talk! So then we didn't even have to talk to each other, we could simply communicate through TiVo. Or maybe we could just transfer shows back and forth between the living room and the bedroom. Which is cool too.

We have occasional problems when Beerwagon and Bob Saget decide not to speak to each other, but never for this long. Every day I turn on the TiVo to Now Playing and Bob Saget is missing. Maybe he is on Spring Break or maybe Beerwagon really made him mad. I guess now I'm just stuck either walking to the bedroom to watch the Biggest Loser or waiting until Bob Saget decides to show up again. Life is rough.

P.S. For those of you who are planning to suggest that I just call the help desk to figure out the problem, you try calling a help desk where they ask you, "Which TiVo are you having problems with, Bob Saget or Beerwagon?"

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

OMG, I was so creative to name our TiVo - "bedroom". How sad. I wish we had more than one so they could talk to each other (or NOT as BS and BW are doing.)