Tuesday, April 15, 2008

MIA

So I am a bad blogger. I went to Kansas City, with every intention of blogging while I was there. I even brought a laptop from work so I could check my email and do a little blogging. Then I get to the hotel and it was 9.99 for access! No way. I figured I would just catch up when I got home. But then, errands and work happened!

So I'll have to catch you up now. I went to a meeting planner retreat and it was pretty fun. I met some great people that I can talk with and come up with great ideas for my association. Kansas City reminded me a lot of Tulsa, but bigger. The downtown area we stayed in was a little sketchy in areas, totally different from Boise. On Saturday it was basically deserted. But I tried to take a few pictures and I'll post those later.

This weekend was beautiful and we broke out the grill Saturday and Sunday night. Saturday night we cooked up some of the finest $1 hot dogs money can buy. Sunday we made like three pounds of chicken for the whole week. We also grilled eggplant, but I think we really went overboard on the salt. Now it is cold again. It only got up to 45 today and it was at least 80 this weekend. Boo. I'm ready for warm!!

Mat purchased shingles today for our new roof. Mat and his dad are going to start on it this weekend, which is just so exciting. So it isn't the most exciting, but we are saving a TON of money on labor and it will just help to increase the value of our house. Plus, we have to fix some places on the roof anyway to keep our homeowner's insurance.

We got our invitations back from the printer! And we found someone to marry us! We're doing pretty good in the wedding planning department.

1 comment:

SandGs Mom said...

Kansas City, MO or KS?
Sounds like alot of stuff going on with you. Have a good week. Less than 2 months and we'll be together. Whoot whoot.