Monday, April 21, 2008

So Close...

Mat and his Dad worked all weekend to get the roof finished, but they still have a tiny bit more to go. They are going to be working on a little in the evenings and hopefully it will be finished by the time I get back from my board meeting in Cascade this week. It looks so good! I really wasn't that excited about getting a new roof, but it really does give new life to the house and it is just one of many home improvement projects we'll be working on at this house.

I spent too many hours on Saturday messing with our washing machine. It is so slow to fill when we use our cold water. So I took off the house and tried to clear the screens. Well, I think that made it even worse! So I headed up to Lowe's and got two new hoses for the washing machine just hoping that would help. After messing with it forever, it now works great! So laundry is fun again. I don't know why, but I still haven't stopped enjoying doing laundry. It's not so much that I love it, I just love that we have our own washer and dryer right there in our very own home. I can wash whatever I want, whenever I want. I don't have to worry about the hours of the laundromat or that people might steal my clothes or that maybe I should wear those jeans a couple more times to get the most out of the load I run that costs like $2.50 or something.

We also got to put one very big checkmark on our wedding checklist. Our invitations went out in the mail today! What a wonderful feeling to have those out and en route to everyone. Mat and I are so happy at how they turned out. They look great and were definitely worth spending a ton of our weekend on them. We also met with our florist and got some more details pinned down with our flowers. So we're moving right along on schedule.

I'll try to update while I am in Cascade for my board meeting, but I'm not sure how great internet access will be. I hope it works though because it will be nice to keep up with email instead of having 800 to check when I get back!

1 comment:

Deana said...

i like doing laundry too. in fact...when we moved into this house, the first thing i did was get out ALL of our laundry and clean it! with all of the moving, it felt like i needed to start fresh!