Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Salt Lake City Rocks!

So we're back and hopefully you looked at some of our fun pictures in the previous post. For some reason it just took me forever to put those up, so I didn't even do a wrap up of our weekend. So I'll back track to Saturday...

As soon as Mat got off work we headed to Salt Lake City. We made pretty good time and ended up getting to our hotel around 6ish. We were going to dinner with Jeff, Mat's cousin (a.k.a. Russell Crowe), and he came and picked us up. Dinner was at a delicious Mexican restaurant called Blue Iguana. It was quite tasty. We had some Encurtitas for dinner that didn't taste like they had seafood in them. I had Enchiladas Verdes that had a green mole sauce that was interesting. It was made of pumpkin seeds, almonds and green chiles. Mat and Jeff both got tamales and liked those too. So it got good reviews all around.

After dinner we went to the very popular Sky Bar (at the top of our hotel) for a beer. It wasn't so popular when we were there, but as we were getting ready to leave it started to pick up. I think it is actually a happening spot.

Sunday morning we got up and headed to our first stop, IKEA. Two hours later, we were out of there and did find a few things for decorations there. We did go to a couple different malls and looked at all kinds of things. I found a couple cheap dresses that I bought with my birthday money I've been hoarding. They'll be perfect for the cruise. I think one of them is going to be my beach cover up!

That night we went to our friends' house, the Armstrong family. As I'm sure you saw from the picture, they are a good looking bunch of people! Sarah and I went to elementary school together and then attended Oklahoma State together, which is where she met Matt and I had the luxury of getting to know him also during my time there.

We had a lovely dinner that Sarah prepared for us and my favorite - margaritas! They could have just kept making me margaritas and I probably wouldn't have even noticed if they didn't make dinner, but they did. It was so fun to see the kids again, Sean and Gracie are growing like little weeds! They are both so fun and I loved hearing Sean talk. One of my favorites was he always would say "scuse me please" when he was trying to get your attention. Then it was time for the kids to hit the bath, so Matt got that job so Sarah and I could chat more. After the kids were tucked safely in bed, it was time for SingStar and American Idol!

OMG. This game was made for Sarah and I. Not only do we love karaoke, we are really good at it. I don't even really know why the guys played because they were just so bad at it. These games were so crazy. You sing into a microphone and then it registers your pitch and tone and timing and you get points based on that. So cool. Eventually, we had to go home, but I probably could have sung all night!

Monday morning we got up and headed to a couple kitchen stores before we met Sarah for lunch at Chipotle. Yum again! I think I gained a hundred pounds on this trip! Sean had school, so it was just Madison and Sarah that met us. After lunch we headed to trolley square and then hit the road home.

Now we're back and trying to get caught up on our weekend things we didn't do - like laundry. Ugh.

I wish we could visit more often - we always have such a great time. Thanks again to the Armstrongs and Jeff for showing us a wonderful time!

2 comments:

Deana said...

I think we are making a stop at Ikea on our way in! First thing on our list...get Max his OWN bed!!!!

Glad you had a great weekend!

SandGs Mom said...

I'm glad you had fun. We love having you guys out here. And you're right, we totally rock at SingStar and American Idol