Monday, March 10, 2008

Weekend Recap

Monday morning is here. Ugh. I really did not want to get up this morning when it was still pitch black outside. It hasn't been dark when I've been waking up for a few weeks and now I'm back to bumbling around in the dark. I guess this won't last too much longer and then it will be officially Spring and we'll be done with this cold, icky weather.

It actually was nice enough yesterday that Mat and I ventured out to play disc golf. I feel like I'm basically horrible at this and I get nervous because there are a million other people and they are all good. So I feel like everyone is waiting on the slow one to finish. We didn't play the entire course - there are 20 holes - but it was fun just to get outside and especially at the end when the sun came out.

Friday night Mat and I headed to the gym, which is not really fun, but usually totally dead on Friday night, so way nicer when we don't have to wait on anyone and we kind of have the place to ourselves. Then we came home and prepared our homemade pizza! Mat made the crust earlier that day and then he rolled it out and put all the toppings on it. I basically just stood there and kept him company. :) We ended up watching Lost and went to bed early!

Saturday morning I just got some things done around the house - laundry, grocery list, etc. One big thing I accomplished was getting my wedding planner organized. I put everything into nice little plastic sleeves and organized receipts and all that fun stuff. Mat and I basically decided what we want to do for our wedding invitations and just need to finalize those in the next couple days. I'm thinking we'll have them printed in the next week!! That is a big relief. That night, we went to dinner with my mom and dad at a new place we haven't been before. It was pretty good, but I don't think will take the top spot away from any of our old favorites. Then we headed to my parents house for a game of Mexican Train Game Dominoes. We had fun, but it ended up being a pretty long game! Mat and I headed home and just went to bed. We're just so crazy sometimes!

Sunday we got our grocery shopping done and as you already know played some disc golf. We also watched The Darwin Awards and Jurassic Park. I bought Mat Jurassic Park for Christmas, so that was one we were watching as we were making dinner. The Darwin Awards we rented and I quickly closed my eyes. Mat said that he thought it was okay and enjoyed it. We roasted our first chicken ever last night! It was really good, but seemed like a lot of work when you can just buy those delicious rotisserie chickens for the same price and no work! So I don't know how many roasted chickens we'll be making in the future.

That pretty much sums it up! It was too short, as always, but we have such a great time together and it was so fun to see my parents and get to catch up with them. I hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments: