Thursday, March 27, 2008

Yoga

On a typical Wednesday, I love yoga class. I feel like it is good for me to do all the stretching, but at the same time it isn't as hard as my other workout days and frankly, I really don't like working out. Yesterday, I would have preferred to just stay home or even do cardio and weights.

First, I get to the Y and as I'm walking down the stairs, I start to feel the intense humidity sweeping over me. Normally, it isn't so bad, but I felt like the pool exploded into the atmosphere and was slowly drenching my body with sweat. I get into the yoga room where it is just as bad and start setting up our things. Then, some girl who weighs between 95-100 pounds sits right next to us. I wanted to pick her up and throw her out of the room, yelling that the only people allowed to be smaller than me in this class are geriatric! But I kept my cool.

We start the class and instantly my hands and feet start producing mass quantities of sweat. If you've ever tried yoga, you must realize how difficult it is to hold a pose when your hands and feet are slowly sliding down the mat. (Just thinking about this makes my hands pool up with sweat) The rest of the class I struggled with my sweaty feet and hands until finally it was over. Then, I didn't even get to do the corpse pose (my favorite)! At least it was only 45 minutes this week and not the full hour. Fine by me!

No comments: