Saturday, March 29, 2008

Spring Surprises!

Although it is only 42 here today, it still is beginning to look a lot like Spring in our backyard. To my surprise, there are some fun little blue flowers popping up in our flower bed that we thought we had pulled everything out of. Mat told me a few days ago that we had some cute blue flowers in our backyard, but I just assumed they were weeds! Pretty fun to have some flowers this soon and with it being still so chilly! I can't wait for it to get warmer and warmer every week.

Tonight is game night at Alana's and I am so excited! I made some delicious Oatmeal Carmelitas that I found on the Pillsbury website. Don't tell anyone, but I didn't buy Smucker's caramel sauce. OH the shame. Mat and I had a taste test after lunch and they are pretty tasty. All the gamers are supposed to bring something different and I signed us up for dessert. Hope everyone else likes them! We'll also bring a game or two, but who knows what we'll end up playing.

Tomorrow is our dreaded run to the grocery store. We did get cleaning out of the way today, so we won't have to worry about that tomorrow. I'm hoping we can get to the store and home and then just sit around watching some fun movies. I'm sure there are some wedding plans we need to work on, but I kind of feel like taking the weekend off!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Your flowers look like hyaciths to me. They should smell really good, too. Yum, Oatmeal Carmelitas sound really good, too.

SandGs Mom said...

Pretty flowers. Must be warmer there than it is here. Our tulips and other bulbs have come up but haven't bloomed. Probably won't be too much longer though

Anonymous said...

I'm really glad the outsideness is starting to feel like spring, too! Just think, it is supposed to be up to 60 this weekend!