Sunday, February 3, 2008

Birthday Recap!

So my birthday was way too short, but lots of fun. I already talked about the beginning of my birthday, so here is the end. We ordered lunch in to work from Smoky Mountain Pizza and I had a delcious sandwich. Then I spent the rest of work trying to get ready for my conference. I left about 5:30 and went home to meet my parents and Mat. Before dinner, I opened up some cards I got in the mail - one from Joy, one from Ali, one from Swain and one from Mat. All fun and very thoughtful.

We went to Corona Village and had delicious mexican food. I was stuffed. BUT we managed to eat fried ice cream and sopapillas without any problems! Then we came back to our house and I got to open some presents! First from my parents, I got a fun sweatshirt jacket that is super cozy, a sweater and a long sleeve shirt. I also got two CDs I have been wishing for! Then my parents headed home and it was time for me to open my gifts from Mat.

He is so funny. He had all these nicely wrapped presents and then when I got past the paper, I discovered he used all these boxes from our recycling bin - a cereal box, some box that some other kind of breakfast item came in, it was funny! He got me two more CDs I have been wishing for AND a new board game AND a yoga mat and strap I have been wishing for. The Y has mats you can use, but I really doubt they clean them and I know my feet are not the cleanest after a day at work. :) So now I have my own beautiful mat that I can use and I will look like a professional yogi. I think that is what it is called, I'm still in the beginner class!

After presents, we decided to have a beer and watch the season premiere of Lost. Then it was pretty much time to turn in. It was a great birthday and it isn't even over! We're celebrating with my parents and sister and Eric next weekend and then with Mat's parents the following weekend. I love stretching it out as long as possible!

Now I'm off to load the van for work. I've got lots to bring to the hotel for my conference. I doubt I'll write much this week, I usually can't think much by the time I get home every night. Have a great week!

2 comments:

Deana said...

That's the beauty of being born in the shortest month...people think it's okay to spread your birthday out! yeah for month long birthdays!!!

Chi said...

it sounds like your bday was great!