Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Little Bit of Bridezilla

I think the whole theory is right about Bridezilla coming out as you get closer to the wedding. In this case, my Bridezilla reared her ugly head with the DJ. It wasn't that bad, but I did get frustrated. I felt like I did when we met with this local company who sets up receptions and ceremonies - like they were telling me how our wedding should go and I didn't get much say in it.

So the guy shows up and is what Mat and I had feared - an over the top, really animated DJ Guy. He was nice, but just so energetic that it kind of makes us sick. (After he left, Mat even asked if I thought he snorted some coke right before he came in our house!) So we sit down and start going through our ceremony details. One of things Mat and I had talked about the previous evening was how everything was going to happen, who was walking when, etc. But over the top, really animated DJ Guy really, really, really wanted to talk us out of playing certain music and how people were coming in, etc. That's where I was annoyed. Seriously dude, I don't see why you care so much. And why do we have to do the exact same ceremony as every single other person who gets married in Boise? So maybe our vision is different, but there is nothing wrong with that. So that's where I got irritated and just told him that I respected his opinion, but that Mat and I had talked through the ceremony and reception and we knew how we would like the evening to go.

The rest of the conversation went fairly well, but I know he was disappointed when we opted out of the "Grand Cake Cutting Theme" (why can't we just cut the cake without really loud wedding bells?). We're excited about how everything is going to go and it seems like it is all starting to fall into place.

After over the top, really animated DJ Guy left, we got to pick more dandelions! I will conquer you dandelions.

2 comments:

Deana said...

ugh....we didn't have a big wedding or reception, but i am so glad we had a friend handle all of the music. we just handed him a cd with all of the songs and when to play them.

i hope over the top dj man doesn't come in a silver sparkly suit or something! ;)

SandGs Mom said...

they played songs at my reception that i asked them not to play. Maybe only one or two but still, i had specifically requested it.