Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

Whoosh. That was one good, long, busy weekend. Friday started off the weekend when I got to leave work early, which is always a fun treat! So we went to the gym and were home at a normal time for dinner. I did some wedding stuff and we watched the Grey's Anatomy season finale.

Saturday morning I was up bright and early to go shopping and run wedding errands with my mom. We had such a great day, but man, were we tired when we finally got home at 7 that night. My feet were tired and I probably could have fallen asleep at 9! I did make it through Top Chef before my little eyes told me it was time to go to bed.

Sunday I got up and did our grocery shopping and cleaning for the week, while Mat and his dad finished the roof. Well, technically they finished today, but it is now completely finished!! I know they are so happy and I'll be happy to have my cleaning and shopping partner back. After I got home from the store, I put together some food to take over to my parents for dinner. We had some delicious food for dinner with them and did some fun wedding things. We also got our wedding gift from my parents early and it was our pots and pans!! We were so excited and were totally surprised. We can't wait to use them and I know we'll just love them to pieces. We even had time for a game of hand and foot and my mom and stomped the boys this time around. It was nice to play a game and actually relax for a few minutes with them.

Today started off nice and early again. Mat and I tackled the organizing of our garage. It was so great to get that done. We had a few boxes that hadn't been totally unpacked from the move and it was hard to walk in there. Now, we can go out and wrap presents at our little present wrapping station and we have the china cabinet set up with books and things that won't fit in our house. It looked really nice until we moved everything out of our guest bedroom into the garage! But that is only temporary while we paint!

We might be officially crazy, but we decided that we do want to paint the guest bedroom and pull up the carpet. We might hate ourselves for doing it so close to the wedding, but it isn't that big of a room. We actually got it all taped off and even primed tonight. So (fingers crossed) it will be all painted tomorrow night! It didn't take too long at all to get it all ready. I think it is going to look so great once we get it all finished.

Sometimes Mat and I don't use our thinking caps. We bought some molding to put up after we pull out the carpet to match the rest of the house. For some reason, the guest bedroom has no molding. It is seriously the lamest of all rooms. Anyway, we bought the molding in four pieces for the four walls. One of the walls is about 12 feet long and so we had this super long molding and finally figured out how to get it in the car. We start home and SNAP! The long molding just snapped in half and went flying off! I'm not sure why we didn't think about that happening, but it did. So now we have to go back and get a new one and have to pay for it. Stupid us.

So nonstop fun for us this weekend! This week we'll be painting and pulling up carpet. This weekend I leave to go to a conference for a few days. We need to still do lots of wedding related items this week, so I know we'll be super busy. I think I'm headed off to sleep. Sleep is good.

1 comment:

Chi said...

sounds like you are staying busy. good luck with all of your home projects!