Monday, May 12, 2008

Race for the Cure and Mother's Day

What a great weekend! It all started on Saturday morning when Mat and I joined his mom, Jamie, and her husband, Nick, and Sherry from Jamie's work for a quick breakfast before we headed to the Race for the Cure. Mat's mom is a breast cancer survivor and we were so excited to get to share this day with her. It was truly amazing. There were so many people there (they said there were 14,000 last year) and everyone was wearing their shirts and had pinned on who they were racing for on the back of their shirts.
The race started at 9:15 am and we were in the front of the pack, but didn't end up even close to winning! It was just a fun walk. There were people on the sidelines cheering us on and we just had a great walk with our team the "Udder Walkers". Jamie got a medal and a flower when she finished the race. Then we explored the booths to see what they had and then it was time for the Survivor parade. I wish I would have brought my camera so I could post some of the pictures. Then all the Survivors gathered together for a picture. It's crazy to see how many there were and how breast cancer is in so many people's lives.
That evening we spent with my mom and dad, Jennifer, Eric and Violet. We made dinner for my mom for Mother's Day/Birthday and it was delicious! Mat made chicken and shrimp on the grill, I made a baked goat cheese appetizer, my sister and Eric made a yummy corn, black bean, pepper and avocado salad and tasty coconut rice. Then to top it off we had cake and ice cream. YUM. We did presents and Violet was excited to get to help Grandma open her presents. She is growing so fast, I just can't believe it!
Yesterday, Mat and I spent some time with his Grandma and Mom for Mother's Day, then we headed out to my parents house for burgers and to spend some time with my mom again. We did have some wedding business to take care of too!

The ARGH news was that we got home last night and went to watch the Survivor season finale and it hadn't recorded! Beerwagon recorded something else and I was about to give him up for adoption. Luckily, we can download it off Amazon unbox and it only costs 1.99, so we plan to do that later this week. A little annoying, but at least we aren't going to miss it. Now we just have to avoid any kind of web sites that might give away the winner.

So that was our weekend! It was busy, but so great overall. Now only five weekends separate Mat and I from becoming husband and wife! I think I can't get any more excited and then I do. We went to look at wedding bands for Mat and found a couple he likes. We're going to keep looking, but better find something soon.

Hope all the Mothers out there had a great day yesterday!

No comments: