Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Painting, Check!

So we finished the painting of our guest bedroom last night. It was more work than the primer, but I think it looks pretty nice. Looking at it this morning in the day, I think we'll have a few touch ups to do, but overall I think we did a great job! The color is fun and I think will really brighten that room up. It is weird seeing it a color though, I'm just so used to plain old boring room.

Tonight we'll work on pulling out the carpet. I think this is going to be a pain. Not really the carpet, but the mat is stapled down and we'll have to remove all the staples. I just hope the floors aren't horrible or something. I guess we can always buy a rug! Then we just need to nail up the baseboards and we'll be finished. I think maybe we might be done by the weekend, but it may be next week. Either way, I'm super excited to be really making some progress on the room.

I think Mat and I are both feeling the pressure of a million things we need to do in the next few weeks. It is hard to look at it and know we will get everything done, but I just know we will. And if something doesn't get done, no one will really know but us! I just wish I didn't have two conferences in the next two weeks! That would make things a lot easier for me. Then I could take a day or two off work and get some things accomplished. I guess I just better get my butt in gear and get some stuff done and maybe I can at least leave early on Friday.

2 comments:

Deana said...

Just think of it this way...in a few weeks you will be married and on a much needed vacation!

Mat and Kristin said...

That's what keeps me going!