Wednesday, May 21, 2008

One Month Until the Big Day!

I can't even believe that one month from today I'll be a married woman. I am seriously so excited that I might burst! Plans are coming along nicely, it just seems like there is more than enough to do on our plates.

Last weekend we had a very busy weekend. It started with our night out to see Floater. We had a great time and went to bed late (crazy for us on a Friday night!). Saturday I had a heck of a time fiddling with our borrowed mower and couldn't get it to start, so I just bought a new mower. I usually find that buying new things solves problems fairly easily. But I really did buy a new mower! It is a nice electric mower that plugs in and we really like it. The other mower wasn't ours and we had plans to buy a new one, so I just did it. I did mow the lawn and let's just say, I'm not the best mower. But at least I tried and I'll get better.

That afternoon, we went to our friend Alana's graduation party. She graduated with her Master's degree from BSU in Counseling (I'm not sure what the exact degree was!). It was a great day at her parent's house. We had a fun time playing lawn games and just lounging in the shade. And eating! There was lots of eating and drinking. We ended up the evening at Alana's to play some Mario Party and Scattergories and then we called it a night.

Sunday morning was when we planted our seeds for the garden. We'll find out in a few days whether we'll be getting anything from them. Then we headed to clean my work and met my parents downtown for the Idaho Green Expo. This was the first year of the Green Expo and was a pretty cool event. They had all kinds of exhibitors with green ways of doing things - there were cloth diapers, organic food, sustainable furniture, organic pest control, etc. You name it, they probably had it there. So that was fun and then we had a little lunch together.

That night we drove to Twin Falls and stayed in a hotel there so I could do a site visit in the morning for work. I checked out a new hotel and an event center that was recently opened to see if it would work for any of our events. After I did those site visits we drove to Blackfoot for Mat's Great Grandma's funeral. It was a beautiful service and her niece gave a wonderful speech about some of the great memories of her life. It was a sad day, but also there was relief to know that she was in a better place and she isn't suffering any longer.

We drove home Monday night and basically collapsed into bed. I think my allergies are getting the best of me these last few days and my head is not having fun. So yesterday I just kind got through until I could go to sleep again! I feel much better today and I know I'll just keep getting better as the week goes by.

1 comment:

Chi said...

it's getting so close! i wish i was going to get to be there! sounds like you and mat are staying busy busy busy!