Friday, May 16, 2008

Tick Tock

Time seems to be running out quickly! Mat and I went through our calendar the other night to schedule times to work on certain things and now there are only 36 days until the wedding! They are going to be 36 busy days, but it will be worth it in the end. And we'll relax when we get to the reception!

Last night we skipped our evening workout (yes, sometimes we have been working out 2x a day - UGH) and worked on our garden. Or I guess I should say what will be a garden, eventually. The girl that lived in the house before us had a small garden, but not much in it. So we decided to expand it a tiny bit. So all we did last night was Mat shoveled out the outline of the dirt, while I acted like I was helping, but I wasn't doing a whole lot. I think we have the outline now, so the next step will be to put in some turkey poop and mix it with the soil. Then we'll also have to plant our seeds. I think we'll do that this weekend for sure. The seeds need to start soon. We're going to start them inside and then when they get big enough, we'll transfer them outside. I think we're going to plant several peppers, some herbs and tomatoes. Next year we'll add more and then even more the next year! Fun, huh? It's a lot of work!

Tonight we are going to see Floater, one of Mat's favorite bands. They played a show last night, but we decided that we could really only afford one show, so we picked tonight since they are playing an acoustic show. I think it will be fun and I'm looking forward to a night away from housework and wedding planning!

No comments: