Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Be Warned - Long Post

This post is what happens when I go without blogging for 5 days! I decided that it would be fun to get sick. Not really, but I did. Thursday night I was feeling not my best, so we decided to cancel on the hockey game. We ended up watching a little tv and I got into bed early hoping to make the sick go away. But no, I woke up Friday morning and felt icky. I decided to take the day off to hopefully keep it away from anyone in my office who hasn't already been sick in the last few weeks. Friday was mostly spent sitting around the house watching tv and resting. Friday night I was feeling good enough to make it to the barn we were thinking about using for our reception site. We loved it! I am going to try to post some pictures, but this is my first picture post, so it might take a couple tries.

We decided for sure that we want to use it as our reception site, but we'll wait until this june to see if we want to do our ceremony there. I think it will be really pretty, but I guess we'll just wait and see. That will still give us a year to pick somewhere else for the ceremony, but I think we'll end up wanting to do it all in the one place. It is basically a big open room and has a bathroom and a kitchen off to the side. We can do whatever decorations we want and I am just so super excited that we found something we both really like.

Saturday I went over to my co-workers house to do laundry. She was out of town, I was taking care of her cat and our laundry facility is down for the month. So free laundry! I watched a few movies while I was there. Shop Girl - not too bad, but not what I thought from the preview I had seen. I also watched 50 First Dates with Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler. I've seen this one before, but it is pretty cute so I watched it again. Then I watched Simply Irresistible, a silly romantic comedy that I had seen before, but it has been awhile. All while I did laundry! I also looked through bride magazines and found some great tips for our wedding. Saturday night was not so exciting, mostly because I still felt yucky and so we just watched Lost and part of The Illusionist and I didn't make it through that. We finished it on Sunday though. It wasn't too bad, but I am looking forward to the Prestige more than I was this one.

Sunday we went grocery shopping and cleaned my work. All while I am still not feeling that good. But we got that done and then we watched two movies on Sunday night: the original Friday the 13th and Pulse. I don't think that I actually have ever seen Friday the 13th, so that was kind of fun, but it is not that scary. We didn't ever end up watching Little Miss Sunshine, but we both want to rent it again, so we probably will this week or next.

Monday I woke up feeling ick again and this time I was all stuffed up! I think my allergies were getting to me on top of the sore throat stuff I had earlier. So I stayed home again from work and am finally back today. I feel better, but not so much 100% yet. I am just going to hope that I get better soon!

I hope the pictures come up, if not, I'll work on those later today.

No comments: