Monday, March 19, 2007

I'm Cleaning My Financial House!

The Financial Forum I attended this weekend was funny, but also informative. They kept saying things about my "Financial House" and how the pipes were leaky or there were cobwebs in the attic. I think they were just trying to associate it with a house and typical household problems, but it was a little silly. I did learn some interesting things about organizing financial paperwork and budgets. I was proud of myself because I did know about many of the things we learned already! They had bumper stickers that said "A Man is Not a Financial Plan". I thought that was kind of funny too, but there are so many women that don't have any idea what goes on in their finances, so it really is an important and educational conference. Many of the women there were in their 50s and 60s, many had gone through a divorce or had been widowed recently, so it was a great learning experience for them. I was glad I went and attended the entire day!

Back to Friday! I got busy on Friday and never even wrote a happy Friday blog. Work was work, but 5:30 came and it was the weekend! I went home and changed into some walking gear. Mat and I walked to my work to do our weekly cleaning of the office. Then we walked to Hyde Park and got burritos to take home and have for dinner. By the time we got home, my feet were tired! We ate our dinner, watched Lost and The Amazing Race, then started Xmen3 and both fell asleep about an hour into it. So we went to bed early and laughed at how dorky we were. We did both get up at 7:00, so it was probably good that we went to bed early. Then I spent all of Friday in my financial conference and he spent the entire day in his workshop on Archaeology of Idaho. We did have lunch together at Quizno's. Those are some good sandwiches. That night my sister and I went to eat downtown and then went back to my apartment for a marathon of America's Next Top Model. That is one good show. Mat went to see 300 with one of his friends and then they had a green beer.

Sunday I slept in a little and Mat went to his workshop, day two. Then I made my grocery list and my mom came to pick me up to do our grocery shopping. We went to a ton of places! We had some lunch, went to Petco, Fred Meyer, Costco and Walmart! Whoosh. I got the groceries for the week and some kitty litter and kitty food. That night Mat and I went to his Dad's for dinner. He barbecued steak and hot dogs, and we had some noodles and garlic bread. Then Mat and I headed home. It was a weird weekend since it seemed like Mat and I didn't get to see each other as much as we normally do.

No exciting plans for this week that I know of yet. I think it is supposed to be nice again today and then get a little colder for the rest of the week. Ick. I am so ready for Summer. I know, it isn't even Spring yet. A girl can dream, right?

No comments: