Monday, March 26, 2007

This Ain't No Disco

Whoosh. I am tired. Today was a fun filled day of work! I left my house at 7:20 this morning in order to get to the airport to travel to Coeur d'Alene. The plane was one of those little four seats across and you are basically sitting on the person's lap next to you. And the plane sounds like it could possibly just die any minute. But, it was only an hour ride and beat having to drive 8 hours by myself!

After I arrived in the Spokane airport, I had to pick up my rental car. It was so funny because it was very bright yellow and not very big. I feel like a spoiled 16 year old! So I went to the Coeur d'Alene Resort, which was lovely as always, and had lunch with one of the sales ladies there. We had a great meal and just chatted about future events. Then I went over to my next stop at the Coeur d'Alene Inn and met with a sales person there. I went on a tour and got to talk about some of our upcoming meetings. I was finished there way sooner than I had planned, so I went and checked into my hotel. Luckily, my room was ready! I got changed and went to their gym and then got back into work clothes for my last appointment. This was one was about 30 minutes away.

So I get there and stood in line to tell the front desk I was there. The guy who helped me didn't know what was going on, but another lady said that "they've been trying to call you all day!" I don't know who "they" is, but they didnt call my cell phone like you would think since I wasn't in the office. So I ended up saying, "so I guess I should just leave" and the staff was basically like, I don't know what else you want us to do. It was really annoying. I guess the girl I was supposed to meet with had a family emergency and she had asked someone to call me and gave her the office number. So this girl calls my office and tells me this on my voicemail. Instead of asking if I had a cell phone or a hotel in town or anything. I just couldn't believe how the front desk acted so rude. So now I may have to meet with this girl tomorrow, which is fine, but I just kind of feel like telling her I don't have any available time. But I know it probably isn't her fault. And I have extra time tomorrow. I was just going to look at a local bridal shop and then head to my hotel for the night after my morning's appointments. I guess I'll just see what happens tomorrow.

Weekend - hmm...we had a great time! First, Friday we walked downtown and met Laura and Tom and Devlyn. We had dinner and a couple drinks and then Mat and I headed home since he had to work early. Saturday, I got all the ingredients for a BBQ and did some cooking and cleaning while Mat was at work. That night his mom and Nick came over and we made hot dogs, pasta salad and some yummy dessert. His mom brought this delicious garlic dip and we ate that while waiting for the grill to be ready. After his parents left, we went over to a friends house for a game night and had such a great time! Mat and I only knew one person, but it ended up being fun and we met some great people. Sunday was a lazy day. We did shopping and cleaning, but then we drove around and looked at houses. We aren't ready to seriously look, but we thought it might be fun to go in some open houses. We went in this one house that I loved! But I figure if it is meant to be, then we will get it when we are ready. Then we watched the Departed and went to bed. I think that about covers it.

I am tired of typing on this laptop. Goodnight!

No comments: