Monday, January 21, 2008

Weekend Overview

Monday is over and I can't believe that the weekend is even over! It all just goes by so fast. We did have a great weekend though. Friday started off with a lovely evening downtown at the Front Door. We met up with Laura and a couple of her friends to have a drink after work. We found out that they had one of our favorite wines there (they don't sell it in stores), but they were all out of it. So we didn't get to have it that time, but we know they carry it and we'll be back for sure. After our drink, we went home and made dinner. That was about it for the night.

Saturday, Mat worked as usual and so I just did some stuff around the house for the morning. I made us a lunch and met him at my work so we could clean. Then we went and rented some movies and went home. I stopped and bought one of those take and bake pizzas for dinner. It was pretty darn good, but not really the best for us. We just like to have one night a week that we eat something fun, so pizza it was! We played a video game that night and also watched a couple of our fun shows we record during the week.

Sunday we got up and Mat went to help his dad move while I went to the grocery store and Walmart for some essentials. Then I got our dinner all ready to be cooked that night (lasagna!). Mat got home and we kicked back for a few minutes and then headed to the gym. We did some cardio and then went to our first (and probably last) meditation class. I thought this was going to be really nice and relaxing. We really like yoga and I thought it would just be more breathing and relaxing techniques. It was the weirdest thing! We sat on pillows for about 25 minutes and we were supposed to breath in and think "just" and breathe out and think "this". While I think this is a good technique for a few minutes, 25 minutes just seemed like an eternity. Mat totally agreed with me. And to top it off, the room we were in was right next to the shower and pool entry (lots of kids) and the laundry room. Some of the kids were even knocking on the glass to the room. So there were lots of distractions and I didn't find it to be relaxing at all. But we tried it and we might try again if we feel like it.

I don't really think I got much accomplished with the wedding this weekend. I kind of think things won't be moving much until after my conference. I now have less than two weeks until it starts, so things are getting crazy at work. I'm looking forward to the end of this one. I did start back up on my knitting last night. I haven't done much in the last few weeks. Poor Mat's little head is cold without a hat! So I am trying to finish that and hope that it doesn't turn out silly looking. I also got lots of new yarn from this store that went out of business and I want to start on new projects! First, I have to finish Mat's hat.

I think it is about time to turn in. Have a good Tuesday!

No comments: